11.14.2010

remember


i remember when it all happened, and the way that it all came together so seamlessly, how could it have not been right? i was doing my usual tour of the neighborhood, looking for that woman who shared all my interests, but knowing that only one or possibly two might actually be met.

there was an open garage so of course i walked right in, and walked right into my destiny and reason for living. sure, so there was a t-square, so she liked design or architecture, or at least some form of technical drawing. we all know how hot that is. but then my eyes kept scanning and my mind started speeding and my fingers started tapping against each other evil villain style as the whole scene went through the cornea over the retina and into the brain.

a book on ninjas, and a guide to karate shared the shelf with the best book ever written: "snakes, the keeper and the kept." a global best seller for 173 weeks, it was rumored to be on Liberace's bedside table on the night of his death, and served as the white paper for the korean armistice agreement. I think we can all see that this woman, the owner of these books, could seriously make anyone happy.

points were scored of course with the hot bike magazine and stooge poster, but it wasn't until my eye carefully spied paul stamets' famed guide to psilocybe mushrooms that i realized that love was possible between two humans.

i continued to stare at this array of all the things i loved, basically looking into the heart of the woman i knew i would cherish for the rest of my life. and even when she finally came to me and introduced herself, showering my eyes with the most powerful mace available outside of law enforcement and caressing my kneecaps with a steel bar that can only be described as the embodiment of devotion and compassion, i still didn't believe it could be true. sometimes love finds you just when you least expect it. at least, that is what they say.

that was a special day.

No comments: